Information we may collect from you
We collect personal data from you, which you volunteer when you provide such personal data to us or via our services with which you interact. We may also be given other personal data relating to you by different persons or obtain such other personal data about you as may be provided to us during our legitimate business activities.
We may collect and process Data. Including the following in the course of providing services to you, which could contain your personal data:
Your full name; your address; your various email addresses; your various phone numbers, including mobile phone numbers; your nationality; your address; financial information about you, including your bank account details, credit card details, or other payment details; details of contracts you have entered with third parties for us to provide services to you; details of your relationship to other parties; details of your membership of professional or other organisations; your date of birth; details of your children and other relations; medical details, including details of allergies; details of your car registration number; details of your driving license; details of your passport and all other Data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process for us to fulfil our role as providing accommodation, gym, leisure. Retail or food-related services to you. And CCTV data whilst on the premises of Hodson Bay Group Hotels.
We may also process other data which is not personal data.
When you access our website or Wi-Fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL, which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer and to offer services to you.
Security and where we store your personal data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use various security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not entirely secure and may involve data transfer to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This occurs typically through the use of cloud solutions for web hosting, email hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered to us through the Cloud. We do not however authorise any third party to use your personal data for their own purposes. Non-EEA countries may not provide an adequate level of protection for processing your personal data. You agree to this transfer, storing, and processing by submitting your data.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your personal data.
The data collected by Hodson Bay Group is only used in the specific manner it was collected. Information collected is kept by Hodson Bay Hotel and the third parties contracted by Hodson Bay Group to facilitate the booking, such as but not limited to the software booking engine provider, emailing provider, and telephone / SMS text message provider. Information submitted or sent through specific enquiry (e.g. submission of an enquiry form or sent through an email) is only used for the exact query raised. Technical information collected during website visits, such as IP address, browser, operating system, a device used or physical location etc., is only used for website operation and is not personally identifiable or persistent. For persistent information (cookies), please see the segment regarding cookies below.
We use your personal data that we hold to:
- In our legitimate interest of advertising our services, we provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and;
- in our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide details of any loyalty scheme or promotion;
- comply with legislation; and/or
- notify you about changes to our services.
The list of services includes
- Meetings & Events (incl weddings and family occasions)
- Leisure Centre Membership
- Retail (e.g. Vouchers; Spa gifts & products; Pool merchandise)
- Restaurant, bar service and other food-related services.
How do we collect your data?
Currently, there are several ways that customers can express a wish to either engage or continue to engage further with Hodson Bay Group.
- Email – we send emails to those who have chosen not to be excluded from email notifications. Each email sent from Hodson Bay Group or its Hotels provides an unsubscribe option which, if enacted, will exclude the recipient from future email communications.
- Check-in or reception – as part of the check-in process, all guests are asked to sign a guest registration form. Included in that guest registration form is the option to sign up (or opt in) for receipt of marketing information or special offers that may interest the guest. Guests who opt in will receive communications from time to time, including email, text or postal offers.
- By post – from time to time, Hodson Bay Group may send special offers of interest to you by post. With each mail received, we will remind you of the option to discontinue receiving such marketing materials at any time.
- Phone – as of May 25th 2018, when a customer or potential customer calls a Hodson Bay Group Hotel, at their own discretion, customers will not be asked if they wish to subscribe to marketing communications and, therefore, will not receive marketing collateral due to the phone conversation. Callers to the Hotels who do book will receive a confirmation email outlining their booking details. Reservations calls may be recorded from time to time for training purposes. All recordings will be held for no more than 14 days post-recording.
- SMS/Text – please note that SMS pre-stay messages are also sent to customers as an extension to their confirmation email between 3 and 7 days before arrival. The texts’ purpose is to remind customers of their booking and key booking details.
- Social Media: including but not exclusive to Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn – from time to time, and in the case of campaigns, competitions, job vacancies, company announcements or other social posts/initiatives which result in participation/engagement and subsequently information volunteered by “social” participants, Hodson Bay Group may use and personal data shared to engage with the participant in a relevant and appropriate manner. Such data will not be used for any other purpose and will not be shared with any 3rd parties.
- CCTV: there are numerous locations across all hotels where we collect CCTV Personal Data. Notices are in place throughout the hotel to highlight the presence of cameras in the nearby location.
Meeting, Events, Group Bookings & Weddings
With regards to Wedding enquiry into any hotel within Hodson Bay Group, the following takes place:
- The Hotel Wedding team responds to all wedding enquiries, including an email.
- Within the email, the wedding enquirer will be reminded of the other hotels within the group, and that the Wedding co-ordinator of those hotels will send an email introducing herself and, in doing so, present the enquirer with the option to add other Hodson Bay Group hotels to their Hotel research.
- In the event that the enquirer does not express a wish to do so, then communications with the enquirer will cease.
Meetings & Events
Regarding communications with Meeting & Events bookers (or B2B customers), whether via direct inquiry incoming or cold calling outgoing, the following takes place:
- The Hotel’s Sales team responds to all Meeting & Events enquiries received.
- All customer details are recorded in the Hodson Bay Group Database (or Group CRM Database), and ongoing/relevant communications with the customer are recorded in the CRM database.
- Under GDPR “legitimate interest”, each hotel may connect with all contacts in the Group CRM database as part of the Group Proactive sales approach. In other words, any Hotel may contact a B2B contact to explore their Meeting & Events activity, hence the potential for new business opportunities.
Group Bookings (“one-off” family/friends gatherings, non-repeat residential enquiry with < 5 bedrooms) Such bookings have little potential to be repeated and do not warrant recording in the Group CRM.
- The Hotel’s Reservations team responds to such enquiries.
- The enquiry details are recorded in a dedicated file accessible by the Reservations function only.
- All details will be stored in line with our GDPR data retention guidelines.
Note that there may be other instances not mentioned above where we have captured person data. Please be reminded that we may use your data to send you information relating to our services, events and products that may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way at any time, please notify us to that effect by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any data to those websites.
Your data protection rights
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and applicable legal requirements or operational retention needs. Upon the expiry of the applicable retention period, we will securely destroy your personal data by applicable laws and regulations.
You can write to us at any time to exercise the following rights available to you under data protection legislation:
- To get a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- To correct inaccurate information about you
- To delete the information we hold on you
- To exercise your right to data portability
- To opt out of receiving messages relating to business events
- To object to the processing of your personal data
- To restrict the processing of your personal data
You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com
The controller for the purposes of GDPR is Hodson Bay Group.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this policy occasionally at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our site or our services or otherwise providing data after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this policy as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this policy and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be dealt with promptly.