The staff and management of the Galway Bay Hotel recognize that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for current and future generations and to help secure long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry.
A Green Environment
We are committed to our Green Environment strategy and aim to reduce our carbon footprint by reducing waste, water and energy throughout the hotel. We are proud members of The GreenHospitality.ie Programme (the Hospitality, Travel & Tourism Resource for Sustainable and Responsible Tourism in Ireland)
To this end, we are committed to taking the following action:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- Produce an annual environmental plan setting out our objectives, targets and planned actions
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation
- To reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To minimize our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
- To reduce dependence on fossil fuel use through investment in increased efficiency and renewable energy
- To reduce energy use through effective education and awareness and the installation of energy efficient technology where appropriate
- Invite our stakeholders to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- Provide all employees with training and resources required to meet our objectives
- Openly communicate our policies/ practices to interest parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives, and targets
Progress in implementing this policy will be regularly reviewed and reported to the Board of Directors of the Hodson Bay Group by representative of the Galway Bay Hotel Green Team.